Hamburg business trip Health Care and Life Science
Through this business trip, life science companies are invited to learn more about the German healthcare market and about Hamburg, as a business location!
The Hamburg Metropolitan Region is the centre of Germany's North. It comprises the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg and seventeen districts, Lübeck, Schwerin and Neumünster of the adjoining federal states Lower Saxony, Schleswig-Holstein and Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, and has a total population of approximately 5.3 million, similar to the size of Belgium.
A strong and diversified economic structure counts among Hamburg's strengths. With 10.7% of the city's total gross value added, the health economy has an important share. According to Gesundheitswirtschaft Hamburg (Hamburg's cluster agency for the health economy), 200,000 employees are working in this sector, around two thirds of them in medical care. In Hamburg, health economy has been steadily growing for years, thus having an important share in the overall economic performance.
Final programme by January. Programme includes meetings with key stakeholders, site visits, and information about the German healthcare market and potential market entry opportunities for Swedish, together with Finnish and Austrian companies.
Swedish companies from the healthcare sector, in particular small and medium sized enterprises and start-ups. We are also exclusively inviting Life Science companies from other countries to the business trip, to give all attending Life Science companies possibilities to open co-operation also outside Germany. Therefore, we have to set a limit of attending Life Science companies of maximum 12 companies.
PROGRAMME / topics to be covered - (additional topics can be added/confirmed in the program):
- Site visit hospital (University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf): Overview on purchasing and procurement strategies, structure of emergency care - https://www.uke.de/english/index.html
- Site visit to a private hospital - (t.b.c.)
- Site visit to a Nordic Life Science/Pharma company) - (t.b.c.)
- Meeting statutory health insurance provider: Introduction to the German social security and healthcare system and cooperation with innovative startups (Techniker Krankenkasse) - https://www.tk.de/en
- Digitization of Germany's healthcare system: Overview on the transformation
- Overview on life science research and innovation infrastructure synergies in Northern Europe (HALRIC)
- „The German healthcare market – Opportunities for Swedish companies (Germany Trade and Invest) - https://www.gtai.de/en/invest
- “Hamburg's health ecosystem” (Life Science Nord) - https://www.lifesciencenord.de/en/
- The do's and don'ts of doing business in Germany from a Swedish perspective – exchange of experiences
- Information about the regional support that can be given to Swedish companies (Hamburg Invest and Scoreline) - https://en.hamburg-invest.com/
- Pitching, get-together & reception (the-labs.space) - https://the-labs.space/
- Dinner with the Swedish community
When registered, we are very positive to receive information about some of your own wishes and goals for your company during the trip, which we then will try to build in and achieve in the program.
COST AND APPLICATION:
Participation in the full programme: SEK 35 000:- excl VAT/moms (incl. lunch and dinner every day)
All participants cover direct travel costs (flight and hotel).
Hamburg Invest covers transports included in the programme during the business trip.
When registering, we will ask you for a brief company profile.
Registration before January 15 (in order to inform involved German parties in good time before the visit).
SEK 7 000 will be charged upon registration and remaining amount six weeks before the business trip.
After January 15, but before the business trip, when we have received all registered companies, we will arrange a “pre visit webinar”, with participants from region Hamburg. The purpose is to present the agenda and for the participating companies to raise eventual questions before the business trip.
Jesper Öhrn, Head of International Trade & Business Development, Västsvenska Handelskammaren.
+46 (0) 727-418246, firstname.lastname@example.org
Christer Dyrwoold, CEO, Scoreline. Hamburg Invest Representative and Project Manager business trip.
+46 (0) 70 575 65 11, email@example.com
We hope to see you as a participant in this Health Care and Life Science business trip to Region Hamburg in September!