I have been Västsvenska Handelskammaren's CEO since februari 2009.
My remit is to continue to develop the Chamber as the collective voice of the business community in West Sweden. The Chamber is owned by its 2900 member companies. According to its statutes the purpose of the Chamber is to promote and represent the interests of its members and thereby make it possible for them to do more and better business.
I previously worked for the Schenker group for 11 years. The first 6 years as Head of their Environmental Division and laterly as Operative Manager of the company in West Sweden.
My current board memberships and other appointments:-
- Chairman of the Board of Gullmarsstrand Hotell & Konferens since 2014.
- Board member of Transportstyrelsen since 2016.
- Board member of Universeum, Sweden's largest Science Park, of which the Chamber is one of the founders.
- Board member of Svenska Mässan.
- Member of the county government's advisory council.
- Ambassador for Stadsmissionens efforts to support citizens in need by running Gothenburg's annual half-marathon Göteborgsvarvet!
Previous board memberships and appointments:
- Jury member of "The Gothenburg prize for sustainable development" for 15 years. www.goteborgaward.com
- Member of Gothenburg City Council for integration and social community.
- Member of the management team of "Älvstaden", a project for the urban development of central Gothenburg.
- Board member of VTI (the state road oand transport research institute).
- Boards member of Svevia.
- From 2001 to 2010 a board member för Mistra which annually distributes 200 million kronor to research on sustainability.