Market Exploration Trip West Africa
A five day trip designed to give a comprehensive overview of the markets and facilitate business contacts and opportunities.
With a population expected to double in the next 35 years, the demand for all kind of products and services in Sub-Saharan Africa will be enormous. Ghana is often referred to as the gateway to West Africa, while neighbouring Nigeria is the biggest economy on the continent.
Västsvenska Handelskammaren in collaboration with Sweden-West Africa Business Association (SWABA) is arranging a market exploration trip to Ghana and Nigeria on 27-31 January 2020. Information seminars, meetings with relevant authorities, stakeholders and local companies in both countries will take place as well as visits to key players such as Scania West Africa, The Whitaker Group, the Ghana Innovation Hub and Googles first AI Centre in Sub-Sahara.
DAY 1 - MARKET OVERVIEW NIGERIA
- Meeting with the Swedish Embassy in Abuja for an overview of both Nigeria and Ghana.
- Meetings with relevant authorities such as the Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission and the Ministry of Finance.
DAY 2 - LOCAL SWEDISH SUBSIDIARIES AND INFRASTRUCTURE/CONSTRUCTION
- Meeting with Swedish subsidiaries and general stakeholders such as contractors, architects and/or consultants.
- Site visits in Lagos with presentations on city planning in general and specific projects.
- A dinner hosted by the Swedish Embassy and Swedish Honorary Consul with selected key stakeholders, Swedish subsidiaries and Nigerian enterprises.
DAY 3 - MARKET OVERVIEW OF GHANA
- Visit to Scania West Africa Headquarters and presentation by the managing director who is also the Honorary Swedish consul in Accra.
- Meeting with general stakeholders and local companies who will explain the market, opportunities and challenges.
- A dinner hosted by the Honorary Swedish Consul with selected key stakeholders in the Accra business community.
DAY 4 - GHANA INNOVATION AND TECH HUB
- Visit to the Whitaker Group, a premier transaction advisory, project facilitation and development firm which specializes in Africa.
- Visit to the Ghana Innovation Hub and the opportunity to meet and connect with Ghanian entrepreneurs and start-ups.
- Visit to Googles first AI Centre in Sub-Sahara
- A match-making dinner in collaberaton with the Association of Ghana industries.
DAY 5 - INFRASTRUCTURE AND ICT, CITY PLANNING AND PROJECTS
- Meeting with contractors, architects and consultants.
- Site visits in Accra with presentations on city planning in general and specific projects as well as on tender processes.
Låter det intressant? Kontakta vår kollega Jesper Öhrn för mer information om resan och hur den går till.