Market Exploration Trip West Africa
A five day trip designed to give a comprehensive overview of the markets and facilitate business contacts and opportunities.
With a population expected to double in the next 35 years, the demand for all kind of products and services in Sub-Saharan Africa will be enormous. Ghana is often referred to as the gateway to West Africa, with a projected growth rate of nearly 9% in 2019, making it the fastest growing economy in the world. Its neighbour Nigeria is the biggest economy on the continent with a population of approximately 200 million expected to double by 2050 making Nigeria the third most populated country in the world.
This trip is perfect if you who want to gain an understanding of these markets and build a first network but also if you are already established in the market(s) and want to expand your network.
DAY 1 - MARKET OVERVIEW NIGERIA
- Meeting with the Swedish Embassy in Abuja for an overview of both Nigeria and Ghana.
- Meetings with relevant authorities and stakeholders such as the Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission, Ministry of Industry Trade and Investment, Ministry of Finance and Abuja Chamber of Commerce and Industry to try to understand the market, opportunities and challenges.
- A dinner hosted by the Embassy of Sweden with selected key stakeholders based on the composition of the business delegation.
DAY 2 - LOCAL SWEDISH SUBSIDIARIES AND INFRASTRUCTURE/CONSTRUCTION
- Meeting with Swedish subsidiaries in Nigeria such as Ericsson, ABB and Oriflame and general stakeholders such as contractors, architects and/or consultants.
- Site visits in Lagos with presentations on city planning in general and specific projects such as Eko Atlantic City - a planned city of Lagos State being constructed on land reclaimed from the Atlantic Ocean.
- A dinner with selected key stakeholders, Swedish subsidiaries and Nigerian enterprises based on the composition of the business delegation.
DAY 3 - MARKET OVERVIEW OF GHANA
- Visit to Scania West Africa Headquarters and presentation by the managing director who is also the Honorary Swedish consul in Accra.
- Meeting with general stakeholders and local companies who will explain the market, opportunities and challenges.
- A dinner hosted by the Honorary Swedish Consul with selected key stakeholders in the Accra business community.
DAY 4 - GHANA INNOVATION AND TECH HUB
- Visit to the Whitaker Group, a premier transaction advisory, project facilitation and development firm which specializes in Africa.
- Visit to the Ghana Innovation Hub and the opportunity to meet and connect with Ghanian entrepreneurs and start-ups.
- Visit to Reach for Change and one of their entrepreneurs Young at Heart. Reach for Change is an international organisation founded by Kinnevik which aims to improve the lives of children with social innovations.
- A match-making dinner in collaberaton with the Association of Ghana industries.
DAY 5 - INFRASTRUCTURE AND ICT, CITY PLANNING AND PROJECTS
- Meeting with contractors, architects and consultants.
- Site visits in Accra with presentations on city planning in general and specific projects as well as on tender processes.
Låter det intressant? Kontakta vår kollega Jesper Öhrn för mer information om resan och hur den går till.